Wednesday, August 26, 2026

It Was a Good Day


This is what the top tray of Max's rolling side cart looked like after I finished quilting Holus-Bolus Tuesday evening.  


And this (or the back side of this) is what shoppers could see from pretty much everywhere in our Costco store when we were there Tuesday afternoon.  Halloween, Autumn, and Pumpkin Spice items everywhere with Christmas decor filling several aisles (but no Christmas trees or wrapping paper yet).  

(Side note - When I stopped to get something last week, Hobby Lobby had all of their trees up; hanging and boxed ornaments displayed in multiple aisles; gift bags, ribbons, tags, and wrapping paper galore; and they were stocking even more aisles with bins full of "Christmas stuff" as fast as they could work.)

I'm perfectly happy switching our seasonal decor from August's 'back to school' to September's 'sunflowers and apples' later this week.   

(September's newly quilted placemat slabs were trimmed to size Tuesday after lunch and are now ready to bind)

* * *

My happiest success though was renewing my driver's license and upgrading it to Real ID Tuesday morning.  

I went to the same location DH used (20 minutes from home), was there 25 minutes before their 8:30 opening time, and was #6 through their door after we had been pre-screened in line to be sure each of us had the necessary documents.  

I was done and out the door at 8:45 and home by 9:15.  

Amazing!


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
From a poem by Mary Oliver:

Instructions for living a life.  
Pay attention.  
Be astonished.  
Tell about it.



6 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

Yahoo!!! You got your license in good time! It makes me sick about all the seasonal stuff….a symptom over the rampart consumerism.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I remember the days when Christmas items weren't up in stores until after Thanksgiving. Of course that was many years ago. I sure hope the Christmas music will wait until December.

Charlotta said...

I, too, am happy for your real ID, but I’m slightly disappointed not to see a photo of the finished HolusBolus?

Ginny Clyne said...

Where you purchased those blue items you use on the ends of your pins? What are they called? I think that they are a great item. ginnyclyne@gmail.com

Juliann said...

Good news about the quick trip to get license renewed!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Wow, a DMV story with a happy ending- a rare thing indeed. Not ready for fall. Thankfully, the yard is still blooming although the veggies did not do well this year. I guess I need to get my pumpkin wall hanging quilted for this year.