In an effort to keep my stories straight, the original version of this project featuring Marcia Derse fabrics was absolutely a squirrel project.
Since Inglenook is a direct descendant of that recently-abandoned effort, that makes Inglenook a squirrel project as well.
Gotta love those squirrels . . .
These four rows will become Inglenook's 6" finished rows. My original plan was to use a vertical layout but, as you can see, that plan didn't last long.
These rows are only partially sewn together to allow for changes as the top evolves, meaning the rows will not be as long/wide as they look here.
On the left you can see the beginnings of what will become five eight-ish inch rows. (I had to use my 24" ruler to get that top row of strips to lay flat and stick to the design wall's flannel)
And here you can see the trimmed-to-even-height 6" rows with three of the wider but still un-trimmed rows laid out and partially sewn together. Color placement in the taller rows is much more deliberate what with being able to see the colors above, below, and close by; which explains the scattered strips at the top of the photo.
Side note - Have I mentioned lately how much I love being able to pull out a project that is already prepped and ready for sit and sew?
* * *
Since I can't reach that top row the way things are now, my next step will be to finish designing/sewing four of the wider rows. Then I'll trim each of them to their maximum possible height (8.5, 8.75, and maybe even 9").
I'll start at the bottom and as I work my way up, I can put the rows closer together and further down on the design wall. I'm hopeful that after all that I will be able to reach the top row so I can finish designing and sewing it together.
I am so happy with the way this is coming together!
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------“Magic comes from what is inside you. It is a part of you. You can’t weave together a spell that you don’t believe in.”
Jim Butcher




9 comments:
Good that you can do all that reaching and stretching--so you can decide how it will look...no gym needed, huh? Hahaha.. Hugs, Julierose
I really like the jagged rows that were just color placement rows. Too bad you can't sew them like that. (see first row) Challenge!!
Love that fabric. I will have to look into her stuff.
I know stretching as far as I can and stepping up/down on the stool is good for me. Still, I find myself wishing for a platform as wide as my design wall that would raise from the floor as needed. Now off to see if the new 3-step stool will work in place of the 2-step one. As tall as I am, trying to reach the top of the wall isn't really safe on the shorter stool.
Looks good, Julie!
That is going to be so rich with all of those wonderful fabrics.
What fabulous fabrics!
A very yummy selection of fabrics - this is going to look so. good!
I'm so behind on my blog reading. I just had to say how much I love this one!!
I definitely would need a ladder or stepstool to work on the top rows.
Post a Comment