Friday, March 18, 2022

Logophile - the Flimsy



Logophile is now a finished quilt top measuring roughly 65" square.

The border fabric (Dan Morris 2019 for QT Fabrics) has been in my stash since the closing of our LQS. The blend of colors is absolutely perfect for these HSTs and I'll use the same fabric for binding when the time comes.




This long-stashed yardage will make a gorgeous backing. 

This quilt turned out very differently from my original idea and I'm totally okay with that.   


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“I always write ‘Magic Potion’ on my perfume bottles so when I use them, it feels magical.”
Alexa Chung

16 comments:

Vicki W said...

Sooooo pretty!

Mari said...

Looks wonderful! I love the backing, too. It will be perfect. Enjoy the weekend!

MissPat said...

I'm impressed with your piecing for these blocks. Matching all those HSTs so perfectly would give me an anxiety attack.
Pat

Peggy said...

This quilt is stunning ❤️❤️❤️

Judy in Michigan said...

Love it - so much better than the first idea. My eyes continue to search for things to discover. The backing peeks my interest too. Piche?? Peaks? Have a great weekend.

Julierose said...

It turned out beautifully--wonderful color pairings in this one--great border choice, too. Nice work hugs, Julierose

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

It's beautiful, Julie; such dynamic visual impact! Bravo!!

Ellie said...

Beautiful!

Linda Swanekamp said...

The border makes it sizzle! Lots of color energy in there. Great finish!

Mystic Quilter said...

Perfect fabric for your border and the birdie backing is a delight!

Cherie Moore said...

Oh yes, what Linda says, the border fabric makes its sizzle. So glad you give close your shots, which are beautiful themselves but it gives my minds eye a good look at the fabrics. I keep telling myself to look for Julie fabrics when shopping….that backing fabric is fabulous!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad you settled on that layout and the border fabric is perfect.

gayle said...

There's no arguing with a quilt once it's made its mind up, is there? Clearly this quilt knew what it wanted!

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE how the colors seem to shimmer! It's going to be a gorgeous quilt, Julie.

Millie said...

A VAST improvement! Love it.

Nann said...

Love the shimmering effect.