Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Bonheur - April's Kitchen Table Quilt



Bonheur (meaning "happiness") is finished.

61" x 61"





This is the back of the quilt.





Quilted with liberated orange peels in the 3" blocks
using Baby Pink Glide thread.




Here is a full view of the back.




I used trimmings from the back along with a few other
related red reproductions to make scrappy binding.

* * *

It feels good to have this one finished
and already in use on the kitchen table.

While this was not planned when the quilt was designed,
I'm hopeful the comforting reproduction prints
will soften at least a few edges of the 
seriously sobering thoughts we're all experiencing.


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
“A good listener tries to understand what the other person is saying. In the end he may disagree sharply, but because he disagrees, he wants to know exactly what it is he is disagreeing with.” 
Kenneth A. Wells


14 comments:

Julierose said...

What a lovely quilt..Bonheur indeed;))) Rooting around in my light blues scrap bag today to see what I will have to work with this month...
~ ~ ~ ~ waving Julierose;)))

Linda said...

Beautiful!!! I love the colors.

The Colorful Fabriholic said...

Enjoy those perky spring colors on your table!

The Joyful Quilter said...

SEW cheerful, Julie!! I really like the way you sprinkled the red around the quilt.

Judy in Michigan said...

Your grass is green again!! Happy quilt!!

audrey said...

What a happy, happy looking quilt! The red binding is the perfect choice to wrap this one up. I've been meaning to tell you that I always enjoy your quotes at the end of each post. This one really caught my attention as it seems to be so incredibly un-PC to disagree with anyone these days. I miss the days when people could/would? listen, discuss, and then feel free to disagree without ruining a relationship or risk losing a job etc. We live in crazy times and sometimes I think, almost unhealthy ones.:)

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

We all need a good dose of BONHEUR right now~ it's perfect; thank you!

QuiltGram said...

The quilt brought me right back to standing in my grandma’s kitchen. She even used a wood fired oven for all of her prolific baking.

Cathy said...

You can't help but be cheered by 30s reproduction prints. Perfect time for a cheery tablecloth. I love it. I think I need to dig out some of my UFOs that use 30s repros. Cheers!

Janie said...

Now that is a perfect quilt to celebrate spring with!
It's spring here, birds singing, flowers blooming, they didn't forget.

Mystic Quilter said...

Exactly what we all need at the moment, a burst of fun colour! Love the quilt and that pieced
backing is a delight to see, so cheerful.

MissPat said...

Love this. I went back to see how you constructed this. I'm assuming you followed the random placement of the strip pieces (from Rita's tutorial) with the sixteen patch structure from Wanda's tutorial). A cheery choice for a springtime table topper.
Pat

Bambi Pearson said...

You do such beautiful work. Wishing you safety and health.

Mari said...

Oh, lovely. That red binding is bringing me a lot of joy just to look at!