When I pulled out pinks to make
my RSC blocks for July
I realized I needed only four more
to have enough for my quilt top.
One thing led to another
and suddenly I had a 52" x 64" flimsy.
Here is one of July's pink blocks . . .
And here is the other
along with one of the two gold blocks
I chose to fill out my twenty.
Here is the other gold block.
I chose purple for the final color -
you can see those blocks in the upper right
and lower left corners of the top.
(blocks created using Wombat Quilt's tutorial)
I'll make a scrappy back using these two low volume prints.
Plethora has always been intended as a hospice quilt -
the soothing backgrounds and neutral backing/
binding should suit that function well.
* * *
So that is pretty much it for me for RSC 19.
I'll share Plethora again after it is quilted/finished.
To see what the rest of the RSC gang is working on
click over to Angela's blog.
* * *
And a huge THANK YOU for your
enthusiastic responses to Sea of HSTs.
So many wonderful comments!
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Our life is frittered away by detail . . .
Simplify, simplify."
Henry David Thoreau





23 comments:
Such a beautiful quilt! 😍 I love the smaller Plus along the big ones, and the neutral background is lovely!
Love it!
I feel certain that this pattern will be a contender for my 2020 RSC project list Your quilt top turned out beautifully! I'll be looking forward to seeing it completed!
I get so many of my ideas from you, friend. This is a marvelous scrap buster. Thinking of using it as a leader-ender project. I haven't had one of those in a while. Thank you!
this is really lovely with the lv print backgrounds ..nice work hugs, julierose
Those background prints are just the ticket in this quilt. Wonderful!
This is a great quilt. It is soothing. I could just look at it and feel myself relaxing. Love the prints and colors. Wonderful!
I've liked these blocks as I've seen you make them, but all together in the flimsy they are just wonderful! The brights of the plusses in contrast to the background are beautiful.
I love the way you used text prints for the background! Great quilt!
that is adorable with the cool black and white prints and color!
Leeanna
What a pretty quilt!
Gorgeous colors and i am so jealous of your neutrals. I have a lot of older creamy neutrals to use up before i cancontemplate buying these fresh newer prints.
Another lovely top.
It's a lovely design, your quilt top looks wonderful. I've got this pattern earmarked for next year's RSC.
What a beautiful quilt, Julie! Don’t you just love it when “one thing leads to another”? LOL
"One thing led to another" indeed! This is lovely and colorful and definitely finished. Good for you for not keeping on for the sake of keeping on. Can't wait to see the quilted finish!
Great block and great finished flimsy! I love all those pops of color (large and small) against the text background. The small outer border fabric was inspired!
really cute quilt- love the fabrics
Wow! Plethora turned out great! Love the scrappiness of the black & white background with your beautiful RSC colors!
Gorgeous! Love the backing!!! i have ton of plus blocks but don't know how i will set them yet. Thanks for the inspiration.
Plethora or Pluthora (Plus with a lisp). B/W backgrounds always look so crisp!
That was fast! I always forget how wonderful black and whites are for a background until you remind me with a fabulous quilt.
Beautiful!! Love the way the plusses stand out so brightly against the neutral background and perfect for RSC.
Post a Comment