Dumpster Diving IV - The Christmas Edition
also known as 'Tis the Season
was actually finished the last week of December.
Since then we've had soggy gray days
which are not great for outdoor photography.
Saturday we actually had sunshine and blue skies
so I hurried outside to get these photos.
This is the quilt's back - and it is scrappy, of course.
I used Glide thread in Khaki (top and bobbin)
and quilted long wavy vertical lines
in every other column of segments.
I had originally thought I'd use
a green stripe for binding but
this black and white was a much better choice.
So now there are four Dumpster Diving quilts
(click the link above to see photos - with links to their reveal posts)
with a fifth in the early stages of construction
and a sixth in the very early planning stage.
SO many possibilities!
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"People travel to wonder at the heights of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motions of the stars; and yet they pass by themselves without wondering."
Saint Augustine





13 comments:
I love it -- I love both sides actually, and the quote of the day
Looks like a Christmas Waterfall. I like the pieced back too. I need to make more of them - I love the look but don't enjoy that process.
St. Augustine knew what he was talking about! I was just saying something like that to my husband the other day.
Did you clear out the Christmas scrap bin?! (Now I'm envisioning what the design would look like if a chunk of it were placed at right angles to the rest. Hmmm.) I now piece backs routinely these days, even to the point of inserting a contrast strip just because.
It sparkles! Great binding choice for it, too.
Love those clothes pins!
This quilt give the word "merry" a whole new meaning!! Love it! I always wondered if it was ok to just quilt vertical lines and not worry about horizontal lines. Guess you answered my question!! Thanks Julie and HNYear!
Such a good use for all your Christmas fabrics. The black and white stripe binding is perfect. The strong value change here sets the rest of the quilt. Congratulations.
Such a gorgeous and unique looking Christmas quilt! Love all the movement and energy in this one.:)
Love this quilt. The black and white binding is just the perfect finishing touch !
What a cheery, scappy quilt! Love it.
What a very merry quilt! A great use for all those old Christmas fabrics, and this one would be a fun quilt to use.
The stripe black/white binding is perfect.Are we going to see a Dumpster Diving V??
Gosh, this one is fabulous!!! Love everything about it. One day, I will make something following this concept. Do you have guidelines or tips? Wish you a very happy new year!!!
Post a Comment