First finish of 2019 -- Just Because
47" wide x 68" long
This low volume scrappy came about
as the result of a failed 25-patch effort last year.
It combines leftovers from that project
with large sections left after making Zinderella
and a goodly number of 3.5" squares
cut for an abandoned project.
MUCH better than stuffing them back into a storage box!
The quilt is backed with a wonderful text-ish print
enlarged with a horizontal band of scrappy strips.
Quilted with wavy horizontal lines
approx. 2" apart using Glide Khaki thread.
And look what I spotted
while I was outdoors with the quilt.
These are a bit early but such a welcome sight.
When I finished the quilt
I had zero idea it would be put to use
the day after it was laundered . . .
During a trip to my dentist
to see about discomfort
under a recently-re-crowned molar,
the new x-rays showed a fractured root
that had not previously shown itself.
That fracture meant the tooth (#31) had to go.
So Thursday morning
it was removed by an oral surgeon
and Just Because was much appreciated
as I dozed away the effects of the
post-procedure pain pills.
And look at all this low volume goodness
that arrived between the dental appointment
and the visit to the oral surgeon . . .
is updating the contents of her stash.
She generously sent me these creamy pieces
rather than fighting her way through using them up.
(we agreed that I would make a charitable donation
to a local group rather as my side of the swap)
After washing/drying these lovelies,
I KNOW there is another low volume quilt
in my not-too-far-distance future.
Thanks, Mari!
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
p.s. For those who have asked, the giant clothespins can be ordered from Amazon. Just search for "giant clothespins" and you'll find several listings.






10 comments:
Love the quilt Julie! Hope all goes well with the tooth issues.
It's interesting how much impact a low volume quilt can have. Sorry about your recent visit to the dentist., but glad you had a sweet quilt to doze under.
I love your quilt, but I'm really squealing about those daffodil shoots. Can spring be far behind? Dental issues are awful, but I hope at least the pain is gone. Can't wait to see what you make with the neutrals-- thanks agian for taking them!
I love all that scrappy low volume goodness! Wonderful use of bits and parts from other projects. I hope your dental issues are behind you now.
Sorry about the tooth but I think you got a wonderful consoling package there!
I love low volume. It is hard to find and I collect them. Love the coziness of your quilt. So sorry about the dental pain. Even sorrier about the $$ you must have spent. Last year I had a root canal and it was close to $2000. Dental pain is tough pain for me I think because the pain has to travel such a small distance to the brain. Rest up!
Sorry to read about the dental issues, hope you're feeling much better now. Lots of scrappy low volume fabrics in the quilt and lucky you having more to add to your collections. The daffodils are definitely early, they look to be shooting up quite quickly though and perhaps early blooming.
Ooo I love this low volume quilt. It will “age” so well, I’ll bet.
It is a beautiful quilt - and glad you got to use it... but next time... no roots ok????
Whether you are using the super bright fabrics to make a Dumpster Diving quilt or barely there neutrals to make a Just Because quilt, must you always do it so well? I am struggling to just keep up with your posts :-) I am sorry about your tooth. It is painful and annoying. Hope the combination of a warm quilt and medications provides much needed comfort.
Post a Comment