Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Student Work from St. Louis Workshop




I had an email from Josephine last week.

She was one of the students in my St. Louis workshop
earlier this year.

LOOK what she did with her liberated birds!

And look closely at her hand quilting - 
bird houses and so much more.

SO wonderful.





She also sent me photos of Regina's work.

First is this piece with big birds and little birds,
plus right facing and left facing birds,
all with fabulous wings and legs.

Well done!!




And this is a detail photo from the table runner
Regina put together.

She added tree limbs for the birds to perch on
along with free hand leaves and branches in the solid areas.




Here is her complete table runner.

I love it.

* * *

And the even better part?

Josephine shared this thought -- 

". . . it was liberating for me, and although I haven't tried it yet, 
I realize that any kind of block can be done in this way 
liberating it from the confines of rigid, measured lines.

YES!!


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Every adventure requires a first step."
The Cheshire Cat

9 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Tweet, tweet, these are great! I love the button eyes!

Corky said...

The Pacific Northwest Quilt and Fiber Art Museum in LaConner, WA is looking for bird themed pieces to display early next year. They need to see a picture by December 15th. I think these works would be so appropriate! Here is the website. www.qfamuseum.org

Millie said...

So so cool

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Ohhhh! Tartan birds!

julieQ said...

I like all those bird quilts, and I am working on one too!! You did a good job, teacher!

Linda Swanekamp said...

I bought the pattern and have not pushed any farther than that. I think if I could just make one, I could keep going. Very wonderful examples you shared.

Kyle said...

Fun to see what others do with your pattern. Lovely.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Thanks, Kyle -- I was teaching from Lynne Tyler's Liberated Birds tutorial. The group loved it!!

Mystic Quilter said...

You must be thrilled with the results of your workshop!