When all was said and done,
I made thirteen autumnal pillows.
Each top was pieced and quilted.
I cut more leftover fabric from the resource boxes
to serve as the pillow backs -
envelope style.
Each pillow was then bound with leftover binding
and when I ran out of suitable leftovers,
I made another nine WOF strips into binding
for the final five pillows.
Thirteen pillows times four corners each
equals fifty-two mitered corners.
That's a lot of binding!
This particular pillow is my "favorite' of the group.
I love the backing, the background behind the tree,
the binding, and the way the tree floats above its setting.
These three pillows are in the sunroom recliner
where DH likes to sit and listen to his audio books
or watch streaming videos on his tablet.
(the quilt on the back of the chair is Topsy Turvy,
with its back folded out)
These four reside on the right-hand end of our couch,
while these four live on the left-hand end.
(the quilt on the back of the couch is Cherie's Churn Dashes)
And the final two pillows are in my recliner.
(the quilt on the back of my chair is Plaidmania -
and on the quilt rack behind my chair
you can see Metamorphosis, Breathtaking,
* * *
And now, I am calling
this particular pillow project
D-O-N-E.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"There's no pillow as soft as a clear conscience."
Glen Campbell










10 comments:
Lovely pillows to brighten a Fall day. Love seeing all your pictures. I laugh and tell my friends I live in a padded house as I have my quilts everywhere, and it makes me happy.
Oh, I listened to Glen Campbell so much in my teenage years!! Great quote for your pillow post :) Fun seeing a peek a the churn dash quilt too. Love all your fall pillows.....makes it feel like fall even if the temps aren't quite there yet ;-)
Love Glen Campbell's quote. Life is easier that way too
Your pillows are so happy and bright and beautiful
Oh Julie, your home is so sunny and inviting. I want two pillows under my head, one over my eyes, one to hug and two under my knees. If there are any left you can put them on my side. Yes, they are so much fun. And even better that they are done!!!
Fabulous! A perfect touch of fall and a few less extra blocks in bins.
That's a lot of pillows! Looks like it's going to be a cozy fall at your house. Nice use of those blocks.
Not that's a lot of pillows! And they are gorgeous. I love Fall!!
Super happy colors!
And the quote is priceless.
Great quote! And great pillows too. They really make your room look cosy.
And now there's a warm glow in the room.
Post a Comment