Wednesday, October 31, 2018

18 in 2018 - October Recap




On the PIECING list,
I completed my Shibori do-over 
which is now known as Shift Happens.




I've also started working on
Someday is Now -- the last project 
from my 18 in 2018 Piecing List.





On the QUILTING front --

I completed Tea Party,
my challenge quilt for our 
rapidly approaching local quilt show.

(I've also prepped six more of my quilts
to hang in the show Nov. 2-3-4)




AND I finished sCRUMBtious.




The squirrels in The Squirrel Club
 encouraged me to make thirteen autumn pillows 
and a new table runner.




I am participating in
 Wanda's Colorwash 360 class.

My own version is currently stalled 
on the design wall until after the local quilt show 
is set up, held, taken down, and the quilts returned.

I really want to work on this,
but there just aren't enough hours in each day.




I taught two two-session classes on
Sujata's Peppermint Pinwheels
at my local quilt shop.

You can read about that HERE.




I've washed, ironed, and cut into blocks
the many yards of donated white fabric
for the 70273 Project block drive

I've also sliced and diced a lot of different reds,
and gathered a goodly assortment 
of red trims for the pairs of red XXs.

I even did my first-ever podcast 
with Jeanne Hewell-Chambers,
the woman behind the 70273 Project.



I wrote and shared three more posts
for the mapping of my own quilting journey
as part of the current AHIQ 
maps and mapping challenge.

Years 5 and 6 are HERE

Years 7 and 8 are HERE

Years 9 and 10 are HERE

And while you are visiting
be sure to check out the other posts
to see how others are handling
this particular challenge.

* * *




And finally, since today is Halloween,
HAPPY and SAFE Trick or Treating 
to all those who will be out tonight.



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Don't judge each day by the harvest you reap 
but by the seeds that you plant."
Robert Louis Stevenson

5 comments:

Wendy Caton Reed said...

Wow! Now that is progress. Your quilts always make me smile! And, thanks for posting that pumpkin with the buttons. So cute!!

audrey said...

Even with all the squirrels, you're making wonderful progress! I love following your progress and witnessing the joy you have in your quilting.:)

Karen M said...

Really interesting projects. Thanks for sharing.

Kaja said...

Congratulations on another productive month, you are doing so well with your goals for the year. I've just started listening to podcasts, so can't wait to hear yours.

Mystic Quilter said...

Goodness - where do I begin! You have had a tremendous October with your quilting Julie - congratulations on your beautiful projects. Pleased to see a few of your kaleidoscope blocks.