Monday, July 2, 2018

18 in 2018 - Second Half of the Year



I've spent a lot of time thinking about 
what I want to accomplish in my studio
during the second six months of 2018.

On the Piecing front -- 
these are the projects I want to work on
and hopefully bring to flimsy status
and maybe even quilt by year end:



GAZEBO - Sixteen Patch
Fabric purchased Cyber Monday 2017
Strip sets partially sewn



OUTBACK WIFE
Fabric purchased May 2017 
Fabrics laundered and half hexes cut February 2018
Layout plan changed April 2018 - ready to start sewing




SOMEDAY IS NOW
Organized Chaos pattern by Sujata Shah
Focus fabric purchased April 2017
CURRENT STATUS - ready to start sewing




THE LAST CAMELLIA
Inspired early 2018 by photo in a book
then modified to a slightly different design.
Scrappy stashed fabrics cut and ready to sew




PANELMANIA CHALLENGE - TEA TIME
(substitution for Busytown panel project)
Challenge issued November 2017
DUE DATE – November 1, 2018
Design decisions made for front AND back
Cut out and ready to start sewing



SHIBORI - THE REMAKE

Original Flimsy Reveal Post - October 6, 2017
Reimagined Early 2018 - Top and Back taken apart
Updated fabric pull (above) for new design plan



LOW VOLUME 25-PATCH
First stitches taken April 2018
Need to keep stitching




LONDON FIELDS
Pattern purchased 2017
Fabrics cut out early 2018
Blocks sets sorted onto plates - ready to start sewing



AUTUMN SPLENDOR
Scraps from Mari with pieces from my stash
String-style quilt strips cut - ready to start stitching


FRANKLIN SQUARE
My fifth Cultural Fusion Freeform Rail Fence
Fabrics pulled and paired - ready to be cut out



GARDEN PARTY
Inspired by the Two by Four design
strips sets cut/paired - ready to start sewing





On the quilting side of things,
I want to finish the final five quilts 
that are still hanging in my closet --


RETIRED, TOO
Date Started – November 2017
Flimsy Reveal Post - January 19, 2018



CHERIE’S BROKEN DISHES
Date Started – September 2016
(parts gifted during AQS Chattanooga)
Top Completed – October 2016
Flimsy Reveal Post – October 2, 2016




SCRAPPY BOW TIES
Date Started – Barb’s 2015 swap
Top Completed – May 2016
Flimsy Reveal Post - June 2, 2016



PARTLY CLOUDY
Date Started – October 2017
Top Completed – November 2017
Flimsy Reveal Post – November 23, 2017




PARTLY SUNNY
Date Started – October 2017

AND

As I finish the quilts listed in the piecing group above,
I also want to get most of those quilted by year-end
so there is no backlog staring me in the face
come next January. 




Finally about my 2018 Comfort Quilts effort --

I plan to finish piecing, quilt, and finish 
six more quilts for Jack's Basket
and
five more for A Doll Like Me.

At that point,  I will have made 
ten quilts for A Doll Like Me
and fourteen quilts for Jack's Basket
during calendar 2018.

I have a new plan for Jack's Basket in 2019 
and I've decided that to focus my efforts
for one organization rather than 
trying to keep up with two groups
like I have this year.

* * *

But for the rest of this year
I plan to . . .




Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"You must look within for value, 
but must look beyond for perspective."
Denis Waitley

9 comments:

Dorothy said...

WHEW !! You tired me out with all of your goals. You go girl. I have done 2 Organized Chaos. One as a "beta tester" Love them both

Nann said...

Now, that's planning ahead. I look forward to seeing the results. (I like the garden crystal plates, too.)

Katie said...

Holy cow! That's quite a list, but it sounds like many are ready to sew, which puts you in a great position. I look forward to seeing these as they come to life!

Janie said...

Fun plans and colors!
Moving forward and experimenting, that's design at its best.

Mystic Quilter said...

You have left me speechless with these projects Julie!! I guess not quite speechless as I have to say you have some beautiful quilts on the go, as always I love reading your posts and looking at the photos of your quilts - very inspiring!

Quiltdivajulie said...

Replying here since you are a no-reply blogger. I'd love to hear any hints or suggestions re Organized Chaos that came from your making it twice!

Shelina said...

You have so many gorgeous quilts in the works! I look forward to seeing your finishes!

Linda Swanekamp said...

Julie, I love the way you centered the photos and listed the projects. I just have mine entered on a list sheet. I also have the bow tie quilt to be quilted. I wonder if I have the energy to put my projects together like you did. You rock.

Nancy said...

Fun stitching ahead! That Panel-Mania challenge is very intriguing.