Friday, March 9, 2018

Long Distance Adoption



showed some scraps that she was more than tired of.

She asked her readers if anyone had any good ideas for them.

I offered to adopt the scraps and use them for comfort quilts.

LOOK what she sent along with the scraps!



Here are the scraps from her Close to My Heart project.




And here are the scraps from her 
Sandy Gervais Serendipity project.




I immediately went to my resource boxes
because Mari and I shared fat quarters before
and I knew some of them were perfect 
to go with these newly adopted pieces.

Some of the fabrics above were Mari's
and the rest are from my scrap stash.

Lots to work with.



Here are all of the pieces in one photo.

There is definitely at least one quilt-in-the-making here.

I need to let these simmer a bit before I decide.

I confess I briefly considered using them for
but I already have an eclectic group of fabrics 
pulled from my stash that I'm favoring.

(Cathy is making her Foothills blocks with patriotic fabrics)

There are other projects I want and need 
to finish up before adding a new one to the list.

But no matter what happens, 
these new adoptees are gorgeous
and will make beautiful comfort quilts.

THANK YOU, Mari!


Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
I'd rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;
because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.
I'd rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;
for a might-have-been has never been, but a has was once an are.
Milton Berle

11 comments:

Linda Swanekamp said...

There is nothing quite like shared scraps. I have been the honored recipient of some from a distance also. It brings a richness and depth to the fabric pool to choose from in creating a quilt.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Oh what fun you are going to have!!

Mari said...

Looks like you're going to have fun with those pieces. Yay! I think quilts turn out better when someone is excited to work on them, rather than forcing themselves to do it just to use things up. Have a great time, and thanks for taking those off my hands!

ckrut said...

Love that little poem from Milton Berle!

Kyle said...

It's funny how excited we get with some else's scraps. I have a piece of the Close to my Heart. I should use it for something.

Nann said...

The Block Swappers are having a Whatchagot Box exchange this month. Great inspiration can come from another quilter's castoffs.

Louise said...

Great group of scraps! Quilty friends are the best :)

Cathy said...

I'm surprised you had some fabrics to go along with Mari's. They don't seem to be your usual mix of fabrics. It's nice you are so versatile. And can't wait to see what you use for Foothills. I think I'm the only one that's way out there with my fabric choices!

CathyQuilts said...

Oh I love that red floral fabric on the top in the first photo. I must find some! Lucky you!

Mystic Quilter said...

Wonderful treasure trove finds.

Kaja said...

Different colours for you, but you've already got a very appealing pile; it will be interesting to see what you make with it.