And then there were twenty
scrappy trips blocks on my design wall . . .
And this is what those same twenty blocks
look like after being sewn together into a quilt top.
48" wide x 60" long
Instead of the traditional setting for scrappy trips blocks
I opted for this flowing diagonal approach.
Even though I'm not planning
to quilt this any time soon,
I pulled backing and binding fabrics from the stash.
I've put all of these into a labeled project box
until I need a baby girl or a gentle comfort quilt.
* * *
And I can now mark this as
"complete" on my 18 in '18 Piecing List.
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life."
Anonymous




9 comments:
So sweet. I love your layout, a nice change from the standard Scrappy Trips layout.
wow! You are driven girl!
That setting is fresh too. And the colors are comforting. I can see a twenty something loving this for her baby.
This is so soft and lovely! Congrats on having a finished flimsy. I've started to do the same thing, to save them at this stage until I need that size/style, then quilt it up before giving it away. Saves a lot of room and hopefully will mean less scrambling to make an entire quilt from scratch later.
Sweet, indeed. I like the diagonal layout.
Over the top romantic! And I am a romantic at heart so I know!
Nice smaller for a baby girl too.
Easy to go is very pretty.. Great to organise backing and binding now....
I love the soft colour in this quilt and the layout you've chosen.
Very lovely...congratulations
It's so pretty! Congrats on the check-off!
Post a Comment