Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Scrappy Cutting



One block at a time
I gathered two coordinating fabrics
(coordinating being a relative term)
from my resource boxes.

No yardage was harmed . . .



The fabrics on the corner of the cutting table
will be returned to their respective resource boxes
after all 48 blocks have their pieces cut out.

(a bit of protection to be sure I don't grab the same fabric twice)




This gathering involves the final 18 blocks.




That pile of leftovers on the corner 
is going to get taller before this is over.

* * *


And speaking of getting taller . . . 

Little Man is now 14 months old
and starting to walk!



Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Color is joy. 
One does not think joy. 
One is carried by it."
Ernst Haas

10 comments:

Louise said...

Oh, he's such a cutie! What a great autumn photo, with all the gourds. Your bright scrappy colors are happy happy :)

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

That is one darling child.

Kyle said...

Great method for keeping control.

Linda Swanekamp said...

I have a whole raft of 6 1/2" crumb blocks waiting for some way to use them so I am waiting with baited breath to see yours.
Wonderful grandson photo!

Janie said...

That's quite a mix of scraps and fabrics; some Kaffe, a flying pig, cute birds, wow.
I see someone has been to the pumpkin patch! Lots of fun.

Ann said...

You are a champ at mixing scraps and newer fabrics. Hooray and thanks for the ideas.

Barb said...

What a cutie you have there...love the scraps

Mystic Quilter said...

Very bright and beautiful fabrics you have gathered together for this project, looking forward to seeing what you magic up from these. Your Little Man is growing so quickly!!

Kaja said...

I would never think to work in this way, but it makes so much sense!

Magpie Sue said...

Look how big he is! Wonderful! And I love the name of this project, it's perfect. It's almost enough to make me want to start one of my own. ;-)