Saturday, June 3, 2017

The RSC Color for June is Yellow



Angela has called out YELLOW 
as the RSC color for June.

Which brings me around to these fabrics
that were pulled for a pending project 




I used paired sets of HSTs leader-ender style
as I stitched the gazillion small pieces together
for my two just-finished quilt tops --
and 




Truth be told,
I haven't been excited about the HST idea
for Adventure Happens for a while now.

After seeing these pieced and pressed HSTs
I knew I wanted to head off in a different direction.

So that marvelous animal print backing fabric 
will remain behind for a revised Adventure Happens 
project while these HSTs take on a life of their own.




And that's when I remembered 
the three stashed yards of this beauty.




Absolutely perfect!




I quickly pieced some of the 300+ HSTs 
into sets and more-or-less randomly 
pinned them on the design wall.

I can already tell I'm going to like this approach.

* * *

CLICK HERE to see this week's
Rainbow Scrap Challenge link-up party.



Quiltdivajulie
-------------------------------
"A person might be able to play without being creative, 
but he sure can't be creative without playing."
Kurt Hanks

24 comments:

Kaja said...

I love the way these colours work: the yellows are glowing.

Pamela Arbour said...

What a gorgeous collection of yellows. For some reason, I don't have many yellows at all. I need to fix that quickly! I think squaring up those HSTs is the biggest hurdle. Your HSTs are beautiful.

Millie said...

Ooooooo! Love the arbitrary arrangement of the HSTs. Love also the backing. This is going to be fun!

Marie said...

This is going to be amazing! Just love all of your fabrics and that floral/botanical print is to die for!!!!

Elaine M said...

Don't you just love it when thing click? Love the backing and love what ups on the wall. Have fun!

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

Splendiferous.

Jeanne said...

I like what's happening with those HSTs!

Louise said...

You have the BEST fabric pulls!! I clearly need more yellow in my stash...

Kathy S. said...

Ooooh! Ahhhh! These look beautiful together!

Cathy said...

Great colors and fabrics! I can't wait to see how you bring them all together. Talk about Adventure Happens...

Mary Ellen said...

Very Gwen Marston-ish. I just read her book on triangles.

PaulaB quilts said...

No matter how you use that color combo it will be terrific. Go for it!

em's scrapbag said...

Liking the new direction of these half square triangles. I don't know how you can go wrong with such a pretty color combination.

Nell's Quilts said...

The yellow just glows i n your blocks. Lovely.

Alice said...

Love those two colors together. The quilt is going to be awesome!

Ariane said...

I love how your blocks look together.

scraphappy said...

It is always fun when inspiration strikes. Having lots of lovely fabric on hand helps that to happen more often.

Cathy said...

I like this approach too!

Kyle said...

There some lovely sunshine on your design wall.

Kyle said...

There some lovely sunshine on your design wall.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

This is looking great!

Mystic Quilter said...

Loving this one Julie can't wait to follow your posts about this beauty!

Magpie Sue said...

Love that quote; hadn't heard (or seen) it before. What a great way to find a new direction for your HST's. I especially like that yardage. :D

Kate said...

That's a lot of HSTs! Love what's up on the design wall. Looking forward to seeing more as it develops.