After DH painted the ceiling,
we spent a lot of time dealing with lighting.
Stay with our fluorescents or change to LEDs?
Cost to change bulbs v. cost of new fixtures?
In the end,
we decided not to spend several(!) hundred dollars
to purchase new LED bulbs/fixtures.
Instead we took down the five fixtures
in my old studio and transferred them
to the ceiling of the new studio.
Sounds simple enough but it was a lot of work.
(the long handle for the roller worked very well
to hold the not-yet-installed fixture against the ceiling)
The track lighting and the fan/light work.
The fluorescents will be wired in the early morning hours
before the attic gets too hot to be up there.
This is a before photo of the room's front left corner.
(the wall that is opposite the closet wall)
This after photo shows the front wall
with its two coats of fresh paint.
(DH usually does the rolling and I paint the trim
but we reversed that arrangement this time.
I hadn't used the long roller handle before - I like it!)
Same wall, right hand corner.
We should be able to finish
the wiring and the walls tomorrow.
Fingers crossed!
Quiltdivajulie
-----------------------------------------------
"Space for the Spirit to breathe."
Rainer Maria Rilke






9 comments:
such a good feeling revamping a room........
Exciting to get a new space! Is that a lavender color paint or perhaps just the camera playing tricks?
Where did you get your wire racks? I googled them and it is hard to tell what they are from tiny photos. The prices vary all over the place.
It's a lot of work but will be so nice when it is done and a designing space. I know so many people who won't hang the correct lighting fixtures because re-sale value of the house is always on their mind instead of what they need for the "now" in their lives.
The long-handled rollers make quick work of it, don't they? Is your room lavender or blue? Can't tell from my computer. All progress is good, as they say!
Clever to move the lighting you had. I like that your walls are white but the ceiling is a light color. It won't distract from your work but also won't make your plan in a prison.
Your room is coming along beautifully. We gave my office/sewing room a facelift last summer, and I love it! One thing I did do was change to LED's. For me, they cut my headaches down to almost nothing. Everyone is different, so it's fun to see what others do. Thanks for sharing. --Andrea
Nothing is ever simple, but it's all coming together.
Nothing is ever simple, but it's all coming together.
Post a Comment