Saturday, August 29, 2015

Scrappy Saturday - Arrowheads (the quilt)



Arrowheads 
is finished!

55" wide x 68" long

Quilted by Teresa Pino




This is the first of my six 2014 RSC projects
to be completely finished.




Here's a look at one part of the quilt's backing . . .




And here's a glimpse of the alternate backing fabric.

(the backing really is black and white)

I love how these two photos 
show off the quilt's texture.




I'm VERY happy with the way this one evolved.




Yet another example of the joyful power of scrappy quilts.


* * *


Linking up with The Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

CLICK HERE to see how the others 
are finishing their indigo projects.



Quiltdivajulie

27 comments:

Sheila said...

Oh my! Those colorful arrowheads sparkle like brilliant stones in a jewelry box. I can see why you are happy with this quilt. I'd call this one a keeper. Congratulations on another beauty.

Karen's Quilts from Cape Town said...

I love your quilt, especially how you've made everything float with the borders and sashing - definite quilt envy here!

Purple Boots and Pigtails said...

Wow! The colours are stunning!

Unknown said...

Волшебно!!!

Barb said...

Nice!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It is stunning! Congratulations on your finish :)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The royal blue was a perfect complement to all of the colors in the arrowheads. Beautiful!!

Chantal said...

Congratulations! It is beautiful. I love that one arrowhead kind of disappear in the background and the eyes have to search for it. Lovely.

Mary Ellen said...

Wow. Wow. Double wow. That blue just makes everything pop!

Debra said...

Beautiful! Congrats on the finish!

Mari said...

It's beautiful Julie! It just glows. I love the blue sashing. Perfect complement to the piecing.

PaulaB quilts said...

Arrowheads is marvelous. The use of blue makes all the colors glow like a stained glass window!

Helen in the UK said...

Great job, fantastic finish :)

Ann said...

It glows. Very successful finish, Julie. Congratulations.
Isn't it interesting how the quilting always shows on the back - even if it's a print?

gayle said...

It looks like prisms to me... Light and crystals and colors all bouncing joyfully.
Absolutely gorgeous.

Cathy said...

Yes, I feel the joyful power of scrappy quilts. I like how the front is a riot of color and the back is black and white. Congrats on another finish!

Kate said...

Wow! Gorgeous finish!

LA Paylor said...

oh yes! Fist pump! LeeAnna

Magpie Sue said...

You DID it! It looks wonderful. Doing the happy dance with you!

Nell's Quilts said...

The arrowheads just sparkle like gems! Beautiful finish!

Teresa said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Loving this one!

Deb A said...

What a fun quilt! You did a great job with the top - it just sparkles and the quilting is wonderful.

scraphappy said...

Bright and beautiful quilt. The ends melting into the border to float the blocks is my favorite part.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this quilt!

Marly said...

Wow! That really has turned out well! Congratulations on a wonderful finish.

Cathy Tomm said...

Wow what a beautiful finish. I just love the dark blue you have used to set the blocks with.