Friday, August 14, 2015

Cherie's Churn Dashes - The Quilt



Introducing . . .

Cherie's Churn Dashes

51" x 66"




I posted about the making of this quilt top HERE.

(THANK YOU Cherie for gifting me your scrappy blocks!)




I quilted this one myself using the #4 expanded zig zag stitch on my Bernina.


'''


I added three lines of straight stitching in the side borders
to emphasize the long verticals.

(these photos were taken before the quilt was laundered -
the crinkled texture and softness are wonderful)




I managed to get this one full length view of the back
but then the rain drops started again . . .

(I posted about the scrappy back HERE)




I love that this one is a truly reversible quilt!



Quiltdivajulie

8 comments:

Barb said...

fun fun quilt front to back!

Frog Quilter said...

Love it. What a unique quilt!!!

smazoochie said...

The giant clothes pins confuse me every time. :-}
Love the goldenrod with the scrappy dashes. Well done!

em's scrapbag said...

Wonderful finish! Love the cheddar background with the wonky churn dashes.

gayle said...

I love both sides!
Perfect. Just perfect.

Mystic Quilter said...

Oh this has worked beautifully, a lovely finish.

The Joyful Quilter said...

What a FUN quilt!!! Check another project off your UFO List. :o))

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

LOVE! your churndashes are so great! I love all the colors in them!