Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Party Hat Optional - Design Options

From the stash:  3 different color ways

The fabric reminds me of festive fireworks 
and their lingering afterglow in the night sky.




First set of four blocks sliced!




Untrimmed/oversized blocks on the design wall.
(they'll be trimmed to 10.5")


I could lay them out this way . . . 




. . . or this way . . . 




. . . or this way . . .




. . . or this way . . . .


Do you have a preference?


* * *

If you scroll back through the last couple of posts,
you'll find links to Sujata's new book
Cultural Fusion Quilts.

My Party Hat Optional project
was inspired by the book's Toran quilt.

* * *

Once I decide on a layout,
I'll share more photos!!






Quiltdivajulie

13 comments:

Millie said...

Oooo! Ooooo! Oooo! I love. Hmm. I love the first one and the last one best.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Paulette said...

I'm drawn to the third, for some reason, although the fourth is compelling as well. Have fun deciding!

The Calico Cat said...

sraight furrows, I like how the stripes play together.

Cathy said...

I DON'T like the first one but I do like the rest. Tough decision...The last is very unusual so I'd probably choose that one if the choice was mine.

Brenda said...

I like three and four because the dark is prominent and the strings form a background behind it.

Vicki W said...

I think I like the last one best. I know this fabric so I'm think that the camera is turning it to a bit of mud and making it appear darker than it is. I the last photo the layout breaks up the large swaths of the background fabric and that's why I like it best.

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

The second.

Sujata Shah said...

I couldn't decide on one either. That's why I ended up making the second version in the book. I love your background fabric.

Marei said...

Here's my 2 cents' worth...plus another penny or two. I feel the first is too predictable. The second is fun and I've actually used it a quilt I made. But the third?! LOVE IT!

Mystic Quilter said...

Decisions, decisions - first and second settings are my favourites. Looking super.

Mystic Quilter said...

Forgot to say your swirly fabric is so different and doesn't it complement your strips!

Liz said...

Absolutely LOVE the third layout, it reminds me of streamers floating in a breeze.....like ribbons on a party hat

Carol E. said...

I love option #4!