Saturday, September 6, 2014

Scrappy Saturday - Let the ORANGE Begin



From this rather unassuming pile of scraps . . . 




came this WOF x 46" made-fabric strata

(SO happy to finally have a great way to use those gloriously random 2.5" strips)


AND




this group of smallish scraps
that may or may not end up being used.


* * *

Over the next week, I'll finish stitching the small scraps together
and begin making pieces and parts for my September RSC projects:

Umbrellas Unfurled (wedges)
The Eclectic Goose 
Fruit Loops
Snowballs and Nine Patches
Happy Happy Joy Joy
and
Arrowheads.

But more on that next week!

* * *

Linking up with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

Click HERE to see what orange-y things are going on elsewhere!


Quiltdivajulie

13 comments:

Gina said...

Love the Strata. What have you planned for it xx

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Can't wait to see what the strata will become. Looks like you have a lot of great oranges in the mix.

Susan said...

Love it! I obviously need more orange in my stash...there's no way I could come up with a strata that big with what I have on hand.

Julierose said...

Love that orange strata--looks like the southwest at sunset--lovely work...hugs, Julierose

scraphappy said...

What a lovely collection of oranges. They will be beautiful in all of your projects.

Nell's Quilts said...

Great fabrics! Now that you've got that done let the rest of the fun begin.

Edith said...

Oh this is a neat idea and great way to use up strips and scraps, I like and might just copy.

LA Paylor said...

ooo the colors in the strata are so much better than any fabric you could purchase, right?? I likeee
LeeAnna

Teresa in Music City said...

I LOVE made-fabric projects!!! Your oranges are so beautiful and will make gorgeous projects - can't wait to see them!

Cathy Tomm said...

Great way to use up those Orange strips. I need some patch work for a jacket class, I might make my yardage like this.

Deb A said...

Love all the shades of orange in your strata! Mine are all bright.... I think I need to remedy that sometime soon.

Sheila said...

Love your orange strata and beautiful fabrics.

Marsha Cooper said...

I like it, I like it!
Did you do this in the jelly roll type way?
I like the idea of getting colors together and making one...hhhmmm....could be another project for me to work on.