Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Re: AQS Chattanooga




I was so happy to meet Mary Keasler who blogs at Fiberlicious.

Here she is with her blue ribbon quilt Lantana.




And here she is with her blue ribbon quilt Through the Cracks.

Click HERE to see more of her gorgeous work.




I was also thrilled to meet LeeAnn (aka Nifty Quilts)!

Because we had planned to meet up,
I brought along What Matters Most
so LeeAnn could see the quilt in person.

Click HERE for more about the quilt's multi-state story.

* * *

After the photo op, the four of us spent the entire afternoon together
looking at the contest quilts, 
laughing and sharing ideas,
checking out the vendor area,
and loving the special Caohagan Quilts display.




This quilt was a favorite for all of us . . .




So many wonderful scraps . . . 




I liked this one, too --

especially after I read the makers' info card . . .




Difficult, indeed -- but they definitely found a way to make it work!


* * *

Many thanks to Mary, Tina, and LeeAnn for a WONDERFUL afternoon!






Quiltdivajulie

7 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

What a wonderful time you had! Thanks for sharing these super photos.

Millie said...

LOVE those quilts!

Paulette said...

What a great day! Thanks for sharing these gorgeous quilts!

Nifty Quilts said...

It was great to spend the afternoon with you too! I love it when we internet friends can actually meet. Your quilts are beautiful!

Magpie Sue said...

Color me green with envy...

Magpie Sue said...

Of all the Caohagan quilts I was able to see on your blog and via the link I like the two you've shown the best. Can't imagine why... ;- )

Sujata Shah said...

So lucky! I am just happy seeing all these beautiful quilts and beautiful people all in one post!
Love those Caohagon quilts..So inspiring!