Friday, August 1, 2014

Prepping for Class



During a recent LQS visit, this vintage quilt caught my eye.

It's scrappy, eclectic, and full of character!
 
No real surprises as to why I like it . . .
 
But wait - there's more to the story!
 
* * *

web photo - does not enlarge

One of the shop's teachers used that vintage quilt as inspiration for her class sample.
(I haven't seen her version - only the small web photo shown above)

* * *
 
I haven't "taken a class" anywhere for eons due to my former day-job's hours.
 
Hmmmmm . . . .

Two afternoons in September . . .
 
I signed up for the class --
but my version will be set on point like the original.
 

 
 
My own goal?
 
To use only fabrics I already own, including the back.
 
You can see what I've chosen . . .

There's a lot of prep-work to be done
between now and September!

* * *

And while I was tidying up the studio after the fabric-pulling frenzy,
the perfect name for this project popped into my head --

Leaf  Peeping




Quiltdivajulie

5 comments:

The Calico Cat said...

Former Day Job? Are you no longer working at the law firm? Did I miss a retirement announcement?

Mrs. Goodneedle said...

Leaf Peeping... the perfect fall activity; and quilt name. I just love your inspiration quilt!

Paulette said...

That scrappy vintage quilt...swoon. Looking forward to seeing yours after September!

Mystic Quilter said...

Great selection of fabrics - look forward to posts showing progress of Leaf Peeping.

antique quilter said...

I love this quilt as the fall is my favorite time of the year, leaf peeping is just fun ! great name for a quilt.
hmmm may have to be inspired too
Kathie