Things I need to remember about myself:
Process matters as much, if not more, than results.
I am happiest as a scrappy, liberated quilter.
I do some of my best work
when there are limitations involved.
Patterns and photos are jumping off / inspiration points ~
I am genetically unable to follow a full set of directions.
I have a bad habit of saying "yes" when I should say "no."
I love the gestation phase ~
the thinking, gathering, editing,
and preparation aspects of each project.
Stitching soothes me.
Color energizes me.
I create to stay sane.
This thought may be the most important of all . . .
* * *
In the words of Catherine Moore ~
"I am not creating something else, I am revealing who I am."
Quiltdivajulie


5 comments:
How true--great thoughts. It's the same thing that's been going through my head for months. Embrace it!
Lots to think about here... well stated, my friend. I hear what you're saying... with my heart. Thanks for revealing who you are to all of us through your colorful and creative works of art. :)I love what I see.
I do love Catherine Moore's quote. You're so right, we create to know ourselves.
Wow, thank you for sharing your thoughts. I've been thinking the same things, without even realizing it. This post was very enlightening to me.
Love this post. May be stealing some of your imagery... for personal use of course.
Post a Comment