| double click photos to super-size |
She's finished!!!
Photo above taken in my design studio,
amidst the messy cutting-work-in-progress for
Jubilation (zig zag design)
and
Party Hat Optional (Toran design).
Here's a back view ~
taken with her standing on my ironing table.
(Left: Lynne's Letters from Home;
Right: My grandmother's quilt)
Her long flowing hair was created
using masses of colorful threads
Chris saved from countless quilts
she and Iris have quilted.
The curlicue ribbon barrettes
came from Hobby Lobby.
She posed with my box of strings . . .
. . . and lifted her made-fabric skirt to show off
her purple shoes and silk sari ribbon socks.
You can see lots of other fun poses,
peeks into what else is happening in the studio.
and
Eventually, her name will make itself known to me.
For now, she is simply my wonderful quilty guardian angel.
* * *
Thanks, Karen!
I'm very glad I followed through on your
11 comments:
Oh, how fun! She has such personality!
I have another large stash of threads if you want them! I LOVE what you did with them, how neat is that??!!
Your own muse! It'll be fun to see where she takes you.
She is fun! Love her happy colors and cool, cool hair. :D
ohhhh she's lovely! love the colors and the texture - I think she'll be a wonderful angel - I would like to invite you to link up to my blog's Off the Wall Friday - where art quilters come and share their creative post every week. We find it motivating, inspiring and educational! Its open every Fri-Sunday.
She's fine! And I love it that -- like Amish dolls -- she has no facial features!
She's a delight! You really did a great job on this
She's fabulous! Good on you!!!
She has your uncanny sense of style, I just love her.
Actually, I want to be her. ;)
Wonderful! Love her! Bravo!
my kind of gal...simply gorgeous! thanks so much for all the splendid photos
Post a Comment