Monday, May 21, 2012

Uncle Will's Closet - The Quilt


Uncle Will's Closet,
created using shirts from the nearby thrift shop,
is finished!



Chris quilted this beauty with freehand Baptist Fans.



The center and the border were created
using Bonnie Hunter designs.

Liberated, of course.



Our younger son had requested this quilt,
long before it was off the design wall.

It was gifted for his birthday last week ~
he loves it!

Quiltdivajulie



9 comments:

Susan said...

What a handsome quilt...I'm sure your son loves it!

Andrea said...

Where does your son live ? I'm going round to fight him for this - lol. Absolutely gorgeous xxx

Mary said...

This is a great quilt. What a great way to recycle. I really like your bottle trees in the background too.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the binding! It is a great quilt! I know he is going to really enjoy it! What a perfect birthday gift!

Vicki W said...

It's a great quilt and I love the binding!

Sheila said...

Great guy's quilt. Looks great. I'm sure he will love it :D

Magpie Sue said...

Baptist fans was a perfect choice for quilting. This is SO great!

Quilter Kathy said...

No wonder your son wanted it...it's fabulous! Love the colours, and design and the quilting!

Elaine Adair said...

It's a handsome guy quilt! (I'll quietly call it a beauty, but don't tell the guy!)