The flimsy is finished!
62" wide by 74" long,
Uncle Will's Closet has been "claimed" by our younger son.
Taken using the "super wide shot" feature ~
first time I've tried it.
* * *
I've decided not to piece a scrappy back for this quilt.
Anyone want to use the leftover shirtings?
Leave me a comment and I'll draw a winner Wednesday after work.
Quiltdivajulie
27 comments:
It turned out fantastic! I can see why your son was quick to claim it!!
I may be crazy inviting more fabric into this house, but your quilt is so wonderful that I would love to have your leftovers! My sons would have claimed this too so thanks for the offer.
I love what you have done but will pass on the scraps, I am overflowing over here and would probably not get to it but do so want to do one. Thanks....
Wow, Julie...that is one fantastic quilt! I love it! I just bought a couple of yards of light colored shirting fabrics to go along with some that I already have. I'm not sure that I need more, but variety is a good thing!
Yes, please. I didn't think I was into the "shirt thing" but I love this quilt.
It's wonderful, what a fantastic border; you have created a masterpiece that makes Will smile... and me too!
Oh, by the way... don't enter me in your scrap drawing, it's not that I don't love your shirtings... you understand, at this point it would be akin to tossing an anchor to a drowning woman. Best wishes to the winner!
Woah! This is truly a favorite of mine. You never cease to amaze me with your work - I tell ya!!! Gosh, I mean!!! (Ps: simply commenting)
Oh wait. And I forgot to mention the border is really fantastic. Way better then the usual darn piano key which I have a slight aversion to. There's some flair there and I luv it!!!
I love it. Plaids are a favorite of mine. Hugs.
great quilt! and you got it to a flimsy so fast!
would love a chance at the leftovers~
Thank you!
WOW! Great flimsy. Love the border. I am ready to dive into my plaids and could use a little more variety. Thank you for the offer.
It does look masculine, doesn't it? Very nice.
Mama Bear
This quilt is spectacular! I haven't made an 'all plaid' one for several years but I may be doing it again soon. I don't want the leftovers though, so please choose someone else.
I thought it was awesome before, but the border so totally makes it spectacular!
The border couldn't be better! I really love this one - a lot.
Good heavens! I didn't realize I had been away from the computer (and my blogging friends) for so long! Uncle Will's Closet turned out just as wonderful as I knew it would. I'm glad your son has claimed it. Is he going to have a say in the choice of backing?
How wonderful that you've found others who are willing to take on your family history documentation and treasures. I'm afraid ours will all be dumped in my lap and I haven't quite figured out what to do with it. Hopefully one of my offspring will take over when the time comes...
WOW! I love what the border has done for this quilt! It really MAKES it......
It is sad the quilt is already called for it looks nice. You can count me in for left overs.
http//richardquilts.blogspot.com
I have just begun cleanin out my "uncle will's" closet. I am enjoying the process very much and woulsd love a visit form your uncle will! thanks for the chance and you quilt looks fabulous.
It looks great! I would LOVE your leftovers!
That border design is inspired! Piano keys with triangles! Brilliant! I'd be honored to work with the scraps from this quilt. Thanks for sharing!
I love the colours - they remind me of cold Autumn days.
Oh go on then - you've twisted my arm!
Love the shirting,it will save me a lot of time when I start my shirting quilt. Enjoy your blog.
Don't twist my arm so hard LOL Maybe my mojo is there with your scraps... That is one great quilt!!! (And I love the border as much as everyone else)
Very wonderful!
I LOVE it!!! I think the border is awesome also! So...if you are giving your scraps away, does that mean you are not doing anymore "green" quilts?
Post a Comment