I know many of you have wondered about
the rescued dresdens project . . .
I'm happy to report that real progress has been achieved!
Here is the quilt that Wanda made for her daughter
during the 1970s.
(shown spread out on our driveway in June of this year)
This was the first layout ...
which didn't last too long.
DH likes this background a whole lot better,
and so do I!
I'll machine applique the 24 segments
to their background squares,
then assemble the squares.
The final 4 segments
(shown in first photo above)
will be pieced onto the back.
The floral fabric in the first photo will used for borders . . .
and then the two sets of leftovers
will be pieced together for the back.
* * *
I've named this quilt-to-be Ongoing Conversation.
It feels soooooo good to reach this point in the process!!
Quiltdivajulie
6 comments:
That is going to be a beauty.
I love it! I agree the vibrant blue is much better.
This is going to be one lovely quilt!
Beautiful update! Pimp that quilt!
What a fun layout, and love the blue.
Who would have ever guessed those 70s fabrics could be pretty again? They look great against the blue!!
Post a Comment