The blocks are done!!
Yippee! Yahoo!!
However, it may be a while before you see the flimsy . . .
Why?
Well . . . I stitched the blocks together, but I'm going to unstitch them again.
Why?
They need more room to breathe.
Losing all those 1/4" seam allowances squashed everything too close together.
Besides, I want to turn this into a lap quilt instead of a wall hanging.
Glad I have a nice new seam ripper!
Quiltdivajulie
9 comments:
Amazing - I love it. Unpicking is an occupational habit but will be worth it once it's done and you're 100% happy with the end result xxx
Just fabulous!
oh it's great but a little breathing room will let it sing---a good seam ripper is priceless--I treat myself to a new one frequently. They do dull and they are cheap compared to everything else we use.
What better time of year to spend some time with the grim ripper? (Oooo...bad joke! LOL) I hope the unsewing goes quickly!
Happy un-sewing, the letters are fabulous!
I understand completely!
It's looking great! You gotta do what you gotta do to realize your vision.
they're fabulous. but aggggh about all that ripping!
Love the letters! I want to try my hand at lower case now!
Post a Comment