Ready to load the car . . .
(I can't believe I folded 30 quilts into the four large file boxes!)
(all photos will supersize if clicked, and clicked again)
Glorious sunrise as I headed out . . .
From the interstate through an industrial park,
and then down this picturesque road . . .
Unloaded and waiting to begin . . .
(that's Colors of Joy and Jester in the background)
Guild President Teresa welcoming everyone . . .
(that's Senescence draped over the side table)
Waiting with the retreat committee members . . .
Being introduced
as Teresa shared the story of our meeting over Tonya's book . . .
(My Bobbin Along necklace was a big hit)
Talking about Cattywampus . . .
And Sometimes Y . . .
(the battery in my camera died at this point
and the woman who had my camera didn't have the spare - oops!)
If I get more photos of my presentation, I'll share those in a later post.
* * *
The rest of the morning was spent with sewing machines whirring
as guild members pieced charity quilt tops using 5" pre-cut squares.
* * *
After lunch, we were treated to four truly amazing crazy quilts:
Do be sure to supersize this!!
Mickey's embroidery and beading work are fantastic!!
* * *
Quilting in the Grove presented me with
two Priority Quilts and a check ~
I will register the PQs and forward the check to AAQI on Monday.
Thank you SO much ~ it was a great experience!
* * *
And, for those who have wanted to see my White Coat in action ~
this is the only photo I have, for now.
p.s. The coat was very well received ~ "you're wearing a hug!"
* * *
I'm off now to unpack boxes and put away the quilts.
It's been a very good day!
Quiltdivajulie
13 comments:
Oh wow Julie! The coat is stupendous. Lovely to see And Sometimes Y again. For some reason, my working copy of Tonya's book always falls open at that page.
Love the photo of the road. For some reason it makes me think of Bill Bryson.
Julie, Congrats! On the energy being upbeat and a CELEBRATION! Of u!!! I wish I could have been hiding in your coat pocket. So fun!!!! I love the journey of this coat from our first email together, all the lovely women who helped create a jacket of love and beauty and to see the pictures of the trunk show. Em
Wonderful, fun to see the photos, Julie and hope to see lots more when you get them. I am delighted to know you and the coats and the quilts were a hit. I am sure it was mostly you and I know they all just loved you!!! How could they not?
Quilters obviously know how to have fun!
Woo Hoo! Looks fabulous - and the COAT! All I can say is WOW! It looks terrific on you! "You're wearing a hug!" What a great idea! You're wearing LOTS of hugs!
That coat needs a cow...wish I had thought of it earlier....
Can you please get a photo of YOU in the coat front and back for my blog to show what a creative person you are and what one can do with a simple and great idea?
Love the photo here...you look wonderful
Oh Julie I wish I had all the words to say what I'm feeling. I'm so absolutely proud to know you, to share life with you and to share quilting with you. You're a wonderful human being and a great friend. I heart you!
Julie, it was a thrill to see your quilts in person! Our members were delighted with your creative spirit! You really helped make the day special.I promise to upload my photos soon and email them to you.
I am attending a Quilt Show in Jackson MS on Sunday so it may be mid week before it happens.....
Thanks Again!
TeresaP
Quilting in the Grove
30 quilts!! Those gals at the retreat sure got an eyeful for their own inspiration! Way to go!
Thank you so much for coming! Your quilts were wonderful and you truly were inspirational!
you look great in your new coat. I'm glad I could be a part of it.
LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! Congratulations and big hugs for you, my white-coated friend! (And it looks simply terrific ON, by the way~)
wheee, fantastic show! I bet you were great and I just wish I could have seen it! Wonderful gifts for AAQI too.
Post a Comment