Friday, January 14, 2011

More Work In Progress


I'm auditioning border ideas for Good Morning Purple
(or what will soon become my lap quilt by that name).


I've had this framed print from Stash Tea since 2002.

The print was in my office at the college for years
and since then has lived near my sewing machine.

photo by Karen Diane Lee
I started out to make pinwheel blocks like these.

quilt by Wanda Hanson
The photos above show Karen's blocks 
patterned after Wanda's pinwheel quilt.

Somehow, my blocks transformed themselves . . .


And then, while I was moving things around 
to make room on the cutting table,
I discovered the PERFECT fabrics to back my quilt!

It's all good.

Quiltdivajulie
-------------------------------------
“[The colors on citrus-crate labels] went beyond nature and spoke directly to fantasy: apricot, purple, cobalt blue, sea green, cinnamon, cinnabar, mauve, yellow, orange.”   ( Kevin Starr)

4 comments:

Barb said...

I just love love your awesome goodness on your post today.

Amy said...

such pretty colors,.

Quilt Doodles said...

I love your Good Morning Purple. Thanks for sharing. :)

Diane said...

Fun color combination and the backing fabrics are exquisite.