Thursday, November 27, 2014

Party Hat Optional - The Layout (Almost)



All 30 blocks have been trimmed to 10.5 inches.




Here's a better look at the background fabrics in action.




All three color ways . . .




These three beauties will be used for the backing.

I have another equally gorgeous batik I'll use for the top's borders.
(need to take a photo of that one)




THANKS for all your insightful comments yesterday
about the many ways to lay out these blocks!

After a bit more "tweaking" I'm going with this 4 x 6 layout.
(there will be six blocks left over)

For THIS quilt.

There WILL be another variation using the straight furrows layout.
(number three in the previous post)

Next year . . . 


* * *


If you haven't checked out Sujata's new book 
CULTURAL FUSION QUILTS,


* * *

And now, in honor of Thanksgiving,
may your holiday weekend be filled with the blessings of
electricity and heat for those buried in snowbanks, 
loved ones, good food, and meaningful conversations ~
all with an enormous helping of gratitude.


Quiltdivajulie

2 comments:

Mystic Quilter said...

Absolutely beautiful Julie! I do love the fact that you have used the same fabric in the different colour ways - inspired!!

Millie said...

I love this layout! Happy Thanksgiving.