Friday, November 28, 2014

Party Hat Optional - The Flimsy (and back)



Party Hat Optional is now a 53" x 73" flimsy!!

(flimsy = unfinished quilt top)



This photo was taken looking at the top from the opposite end.
(you can tell by the table legs)




The inner border was cut 1.5 inches.
(from all three color ways - one at the top, one at the bottom,
and the third one down both sides)

The outer borders were cut 6 inches.  




I've had the border batik in my stash for a very long time.

I'm so happy to have found such a perfect use for it!
(and there was JUST enough to also cut 8 WOF strips for binding)




The pink background fabric
uses another 2.5 yards from my stash!
(Oodles of Doodles by Ricky Tims)

The lower fabric is one of the Westminster Milleflori color ways.

(I needed an extra 12" so those last leftover strings were put to good use)




The back (left) and top (right) will now wait
until I have time/energy to get them basted.

I want to quilt Party Hat Optional myself.




In other news,
Camp Sefton is back in action this holiday weekend.

Darcy has visited lots of times,
but this is her first extended solo stay with us.

I'm thrilled to share that I have a new Quality Assurance Tester!




Party Hat Optional has been puppy-tested and approved!

* * *

This quilt was inspired by the Toran pattern

I'm already making notes for at least two others 
that I want to work on next year!


Quiltdivajulie

6 comments:

Millie said...

I love it. And your new QA inspector seems to have a natural affinity for the job!

Vicki W said...

Nice! That border really does a nice job of tying everything together.

Paulette said...

Very nice! Everything works beautifully!

dianneo said...

I'm new to your blog. What is a flimsy?

Mystic Quilter said...

This is looking beautiful - especially with the puppy tester looking quite at home!

Mari said...

Wow, you have been busy! This is a great quilt. I think I'm inspired to do some string piecing, or at least read Sujata Shah's book! Beautiful work, as always.