Friday, June 27, 2014

And We Sewed . . .



Even though sewing together wasn't on our original list of things to do . . .


I pulled and sorted colors from Lynne's amazing stash
so we could finish out her Missing U blocks.

Sort, stitch, press, trim . . . 




The work continued over the next couple of days.

A little here - a little there.




Millie kept a close eye on us
from the basket of freshly-laundered quilt fabric.




One of those "best" moments -
Millie had just eaten treats from my hand (!!)
and was about to offer me a head butt . . .




Lynne insisted that I make a bird . . .
(she shared this set of leftover legs)




I DID IT!!!

My first ever free-pieced bird!





The second bird was more challenging.

Why?

Working on a dark background
plus
the bird faces in the opposite direction.



My third bird . . .


* * *

We did indeed sew!!!



Quiltdivajulie

5 comments:

Gina said...

Looks like you are having a good time. I love the birds x

Nancy Near Philadelphia said...

LOVIN' them birds! One of these days . . . .

Cathy said...

I love the birds. Hugs

Julierose said...

Lovely birds! Sounds like you not only had a good time, but learned a lot, too! hugs, Julierose

Magpie Sue said...

I really need to give Lynne's bird tutorial a try. I love your very first bird. That print was *perfect* for the wing!