Friday, November 16, 2012

Promise of Things to Come




Three and a half years ago,
at the very first Delta Patchwork warehouse sale,
Chris and I fell in love with the fabrics
of Stephanie Brandenburg.

The stack of bolts above also includes a few
Marcia Derse fabrics and a Westminster (bamboo).

I can still feel the waves of excitement from that January day!

After a suitable period of gestation . . . 




. . . Obsolescence burst upon the scene.

"O" now lives in New Hampshire
with Lynne and Millie and
Lynne's incredible No Rules for Julie lives at my house.






This stack of fabrics includes a few pieces from my current stash

AND

a lot of pieces purchased by Chris at that long ago sale,
but from the blue color-way of the Urban Art and Urban Squares lines.

A few weeks ago, I purchased those fabrics from Chris and her stash.

Now they are part of my stash.

Since we first agreed to this arrangement,
I've thought long and hard about how to use them.

And I'm pretty sure I've made a decision.



* * *






After the holidays and after the wedding quilt is finished,
I do believe I'm going to make a second liberated housetop quilt.

Time will tell!



Quiltdivajulie

3 comments:

Brenda said...

fun fabrics! I have some of that typewriter fabric and the key fabric. I made a cover for my son's tablet with the typewriter on the outside.

Queenie Believe said...

Beautiful fabrics!
Have a great day.
Always, Queenie

Magpie Sue said...

Yeah, those liberated housetop quilts are addictive. I'm thinking there's another one on my horizon too... ;- )